HOW TO PLAY
Getting to your virtual escape room:
1.) Check your inbox for an email titled ‘Mark Your Calendar!’ This email contains all necessary information to proceed in finding The Ruby or Sapphire Palace, so keep track of it! If any information needs to be changed, contact your Team Captain or Group Organizer.
2.) On Game Day, you will want to join the game and a video conference with your teammates. For the email, click the yellow ‘PLAY’ button to log into your game!
If a video conference link was provided when your invite was sent, there will be a video conference link in your email to join. If there is not one in your email, coordinate with your teammates to set one up.
3.) After you click ‘Play’ in the email. You’ll be taken to a waiting room on the website. Make sure you click on your own name to enter the lobby!
4.) In the lobby, you’ll see all the information you need to know for your journey. Please read this information! Click the ‘BEGIN’ button when your team is ready! (This does not start the game timer.)
5.) When the entire team is present, click on the note to read it. When everyone is done, click the red "Enter" button (you may have to scroll to see it). BEWARE!
Once you enter The Ruby Palace or The Sapphire Palace, the timer starts! Do not enter until everyone is ready.
Tip 1: We strongly recommend playing the Sapphire Palace with a team of 4 players and the Ruby Palace with a team of 3-4 players if possible. Either can be enjoyed with a group of 3-5 players. There are no team size restrictions, but playing with a group size outside of the recommended range may be challenging.
Tip 2: Jewel Palace virtual escape games are best enjoyed on a computer. We do not recommend using Internet Explorer as your game browser. Try Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Edge instead!
Tip 3: We recommend splitting your screen between the game in your browser and your video conference (adjust the window size line up side by side) so you don't have to click back and forth.
How to play:
To play the Ruby Palace:
- Navigate the space, using the green arrows.
- You will have access to a suite of rooms, which contains a single puzzle.
- You can track your location on the 5x5 grid at the bottom of the screen.
- Some room elements are clickable, others are not.
- Each suite will contain a note that will explain the challenge you are facing.
- Once you have solved the puzzle, click on the red door to enter your answer.
- The door will open for all players once one player has entered the correct password.
- Should you be stuck, the LIGHTBULB will release timed hints. They are entirely optional. The third hint will be the password.
- If you wish to pause, the game (and the timer) will pause for all players.
Ruby Palace Tips:
To play the Sapphire Palace:
- You can click different elements in the room to interact with them.
- Each room will contain a note that will explain the challenge you are facing.
- Each puzzle takes place in its own room. To move between rooms, click the open doorways.
- To proceed to the next puzzle, exit the room for the puzzle you just solved. The text on the left side of the screen will direct you to the next room. There may also be an illuminated doorway.
- Your game will be linked with your teammates. For example, if one person flips a switch, it will be flipped for everyone on the same team.
- If you need help, hints will be available by clicking the light bulb above the room. Hints are time released, so be on the lookout for a flashing light bulb. There is no penalty for using a hint. The third hint is the answer.
Sapphire Palace Tips: